Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 1: It begins!

This morning I woke up, went to the kitchen and prepared a warm cup of water with a teapsoon of salt mixed into it.

About an hour later I prepared the lemonade drink itself. This involved mixing somewhere around 60 oz of filtered water, half a teapsoon of cayenne pepper, some organic maple syrup and of course alot of lemons!

There is definately alot to drink, but 60 oz isn't that bad once you try it. The
guide i'm using also recommends drinking water as well in case you feel side effects or dehydration.

In any case, so far so good. The 1st day is pretty simple. It's day 2 and 3 which will not be easy.

There is one warning though: You WILL be going to the bathroom alot more often :-P, there's just no getting around it.

I also wanted to mention that i'm also taking a couple of capsules with my drinks. These capsules include wheat grass and a product called psylium husk (I don't think that's how you spell it), but the guide recommends this in addition to many other products to flush out the system and help you stay on the cleanse without feeling hunger.

I'd also like to point out that had it not been for this
guide, I would probably never attempt a Master Cleanse ever again, because odds are, I would not make it.

In any case, i'll follow up on my progress tonight, if not tommorow.

Take care,

Vitaliy

3 comments:

Tiffany - The Coconut Mama said...

whats the salt water for?

Kim and Jeff said...

It basically washes out your "pipes." Salt water has very similar consistency to blood, so instead of getting absorbed into the system, it runs right through.

Which is why you should NOT be far from a bathroom. When I did the cleanse, it was about 25-30 min. after drinking the salt water that I ran (not walked) to the bathroom.

VG said...

Exactly ;). If you can't drink the salt water, you can instead drink a laxative tea.